Sunday, June 6, 2010

A sense of Nostalgia

This poem was made when I’m contemplating on the chances   that I have taken..., the big leap in my career thus, leaving and living away from home and my nostalgic feeling is sooooo high!

Ride On Bus-Just Like My Life

Work is up and it’s time to take ride on a bus
The sea is on the horizon as I looked outside
Enveloped by nostalgia, thinking of a place I always considered home.
Wishing I’m commuting in that direction
To my place where I find comfort and I always belong, that is,my Home.

But the dominant part of my being keeps on reminding me to venture outside my comfort zone
To take on every chance of opportunity that comes along
For luck knocks only once in our lifetime
To let it slip and pass you by would be a crime.

Everyday is a struggle if you feel you don’t belong
But if you came to realize that every road is provided by God
Each day as you wake up and look outside as the sun rise
You feel the promise of something great ahead
It might not be today or tomorrow maybe
But the future’s bright as the sun reflects it’s light outside.

So I got out of bed and tidy things up
And with renewed energy
Heart overflowing with gratefulness to the one who provide
For the new day, and the future with in God’s embrace.

All set and ready to hop in a bus that takes me to a ride
To a journey, for life, just like luck is also a gift from God
Each steps light, embracing my new place as another home
Looking forward on the days I’m going to visit my family.

Separated by distance but thoughts and love bridge the gap
Knowing that God takes care of them the way He’s been taking care all of us
Longing for the days set aside by Him for us to reunite.

So I filled my heart with fresh air
Thankful everyday with what I have
So, with every ride on a bus – just like life
Thus, always starts and ends at home
With God leading the direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment